Caption: Ekkuga aalochinchaku (don’t think too much, just watch)
Ap2uk’s Rating: N/A
Quick 5 on the movie:
- 1) What’s Brahmotsavam movie all about?
- Family Tree, Relations, Relationships, Emotional Security, Family Feuds and Festivities
- 2) Define the meaning of Brahmotsavam?
- Original meaning: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srivari_Brahmotsavam
- Movie based meaning:
- Utsavam (festivity) = Joint family; kith and kin all are happy and jealousness is not overboard
- Brahmotsavam = Movie has made this word synonymous to marriage ; another way of looking at is, the Hero bringing back broken family together is a Brahmotsavam i.e., a milestone event in their lives
- 3) Zephyr (Senti) see (Mental) below:
- Good family oriented story which touches on bondings, love and enviousness within the families (Intentions were good but Implementation gone bad)
- Casting: Mahesh Babu, Samantha, Rao Ramesh and Vennela Kishore ; Mahesh is just one of the characters, not a hero, in this movie. Samantha and Rao Ramesh equally shared the responsibility of running the movie
- Creativity: Novel games like “say a good word”, or Mahesh trying to be silly with his father or families taking the sides of Gods and trying to win the debate, dance on ice cube etc.
- Folk songs used in this movie are refreshing (and informational)
- Kajal and Samantha’s wardrobe gets 5 stars ; interestingly Kajal has taken a lot of care in her make up (remember her look in Sardaar) ; out of two heroines, Samantha stole the show
- Dialogues – some dialogues are very thoughtful ; dialogues by Kajal’s as an urban/independent girl are very insightful / realistic
- 4) Brush-offs (Mental)!
- Very, and very, bad job in screenplay like abrupt ending of scenes like Mahesh Babu’s sister restricted to one scene, Samantha’s entry, Kajal’s exit, and no smooth transition of why Mahesh and Samantha starts on family tree search. This is a biggest turning point of the movie and it was not handled well
- Bad Editing goes hand in hand along with point 1 above ; there’s a great room to edit some unwanted scenes
- Pranitha’s character is wasted
- With all food, festivities and mandatory smile thingy (smile = happy) almost every other scene, it reminds “Seethamma Vaakitlo” movie at times
- 5) Why Brahmotsavam may not reach all audience well?
- Incomplete and hasty work always result in semi-cooked product. Period!
- Movie starts with a slow pace and not-so-good screenplay and editing are partners in crime too to lose the audience
- Remember, Telugu audience are used to one thunderous Hero entry song and one Item song ; both are amiss
- In addition, except “Vacchindi Kada Avakasam”, no other songs were catchy
- Although movie responds – through Rao Ramesh – to all unanswered questions, it was too late in the game. Overall, audience have more “sighs” than “high-fives” at the end of the movie
There are only two types of people in the world. 1) SuperStar fans and 2) Others. Former will watch the movie no matter what AND the latter too shall watch the movie only to lament. Decide what group you are in?! 🙂
Let me save my hearts for another occasion!