Sultan Movie Review
Movie Rating: 4.5 / 5
Zephyr: Story, Direction, Songs and Salman Khan
- Wish Randeep Hooda had more screen time
Few movies are made to impress audience universally. I am one of those contented audience who loved every bit of the movie.
Story in a nutshell:
Sultan movie is about an aam admi (ordinary man) who rises to fame at late age. Sultan is a happy go lucky guy who spends most of the time fooling around. He starts liking a local wrestler, Arphaa. His trials for her ends when Arphaa talks about her goals and insults him of being nothing. The hurted Sultan starts learning wrestling to prove himself to win Arphaa. His passion and determination wins him many awards and Arphaa too. With new fame, Sultan fails to balance family life and becomes arrogant. In a twisted turn, he gets separated with Arphaa and stops wrestling. His aim is only to collect donations for a noble cause. As he’s living a low profile life, one day, a businessman turns up at his office and requests him to participate in free-style wrestling sport.
Will Sultan gets back into wrestling ring? Will he gets Arphaa back? What’s the noble cause for which he’s working for? This is something you must watch on the big screen.
What worked well:
- Story and direction. Very engaging story with proper twists as the movie paces from one scenario to another. Ali Abbas Zafar has delivered a great product with his hands spread in Direction, Story writing and Screenplay departments. It’s a one man show. His commendable job was the climax where audience feel and react with Sultan
- Artistes – A good movie with a good set of actors is unbeatable. It is well known fact that Salman Khan is not good at emotional scenes. However, be it in his earlier movie Bajrangi Bhaijaan or in this movie, he emoted very well and moved audiences’ heart. His expressions are timely and touchy. In addition, other supporting actors like Arphaa (Anushka Sharma), Wrestling Coach (Randeep Hooda), Govind (Sultan’s friend) and the businessman (Amit Sadh) were four pillars who shared the responsibility of movie’s success equally
- Perfect background score especially during Sultan’s practice (first entry and re-entry) and emotional scenes between hero and heroine were impressive. Of course, songs are an added asset
- Few dialogues are very insightful. They talk about how life has to be balanced amd about emotions. The conversation between Sultan and Arphaa in the hospital are very deep
- Comedy and Emotional portions equally entertaining
Salman Khan has delivered another blockbuster movie. Haters going to hate more, but LOVE wins in the end! 😉
We Recommend! Don’t wait, go and watch immediately!